AlterG® Treadmills for Low-Impact Physical Therapy
The ultimate goal of physical therapy is for the patient to recover 100 percent of their strength, endurance, and range of motion. That requires regular physical activity, and in some cases it can involve working through stiffness or pain. Now implementing the AlterG® technology, our patients at First Step on Long Island can mitigate that discomfort and be encouraged in their pursuit of robust physical health.
What is AlterG ® technology?
- AlterG® is the leading name in anti-gravity treadmill technology, using Differential Air Pressure to gently reduce the gravitational pull that patients experience.
- This unique system allows patients to exercise without feeling pain, and without any impairment to their gait or mobility.
- These anti-gravity treadmills help patients reduce recovery times, build strength and endurance, and work their way through chronic pain.
- Real-time data is made available, allowing the physical therapist to make adjustments and to better calibrate their clinical plan.
- AlterG® technology is used in 4,000 physical therapies around the world, and we are proud to offer it to our patients here at First Step!
Through the use of this remarkable technology, you can expedite your own road to recovery—and our physical therapists are standing by to talk with you about how AlterG® might be useful within your own individualized recovery plan.
Contact us today to set up a consultation and to learn more about how AlterG® can propel your recovery.